Giving yourself space to allow your humanity to show up.
Some people cannot handle your truth. The truth is that even though you are struggling now with depression and anxiety due toCOVID-19, you are still putting the mask on that says, “I am fine.” Some people cannot handle the truth that behind your armor there is a problem.
There is no shame in your game to press into your need to be cared for. The same level of care and concern you extend to others is thesame care and concern you personally need extended toward yourself.
When you are in a season of overwhelm and brokenness, attempt tofind a space for healing and restoration. The following self-caremethods may be helpful:
- Find safe people who can handle your humanity and can sit with your challenges.
- Explore the use of meditation and prayer to be still and be kind toyourself.
- Reach out to a spiritual mentor or friend who can be an accountability partner in your life.
- Make a point to carve out time for laughterin your life.
- Ban or minimize toxic people. We can’t do anything about family, so we need tominimize their contact. We can ban toxic friends and/or people who only take without giving back.
Stay healthy and stay well!